How to backup local data to Amazon S3 Storage on Manjaro


I have an Amazon S3 Storage account and I want to integrate the storage with my local work. I am using Manjaro for my daily work and actually, I just want to backup my data into Amazon S3 Storage. Fortunately, there is Dragon Disk application that allows us to easily move or backup our local data to Amazon S3 storage. Dragon disk is available for free and can be installed on Manjaro with ease. See my previous tutorial to install Dragon Disk on Manjaro.

How to backup or sync data to Amazon S3 Storage

Step 1. Install Dragon Disk 

Step 2. Setting the Amazon account to Dragon Disk

First we need to create a new account on Dragon Disk. At this point, we must have a working Amazon S3 account that will be integrated to DD.

Step 3. Create Synchronization Job

Next we can start create a new Synchronization Job. This job requires source and destination to be set for sync purposes. 
We may also specify some other sync options. 

Step 4. Start Sync

To start the sync, simply go to Synchronization and click the sync job we created earlier.
Thank you for coming and share this if you think this article is helpful.


EmoticonEmoticon